Community Service Coordinator
Program Director (Union County Location, Morristown or Middlesex Location)
Director of Distribution
(Program on Hiatus)
Director of Public Relations
Public Relations Assistant
(Multiple Positions Available)
- Manages an internship program of 4-8 students
- Supervises interns
Signs off on internship hours completed by interns
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR THE OPEN VOLUNTEER STAFF POSITIONS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE POSITIONS, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. PLEASE NOTE MOST OF THESE POSITIONS CAN BE DONE REMOTELY.
- Manages Drivers and Book Sorters who help to document, pick up, drop off, and sort books for local schools on our recipient list
- Manages intake and distribution of book donations to youth in our Exit Library Program, Need2Read recipients, businesses, and other community partners
- Organizes book sorting activities at storage unit where Book Sorters meet to sort and box book donations to our organization
- Oversees "Need2Share" and our "Exit Library" Programs
- Works with Project Manager to develop and host community events
- Assists Project7 students and volunteers with annual community literacy day event
- Manages our Book Champion program with high school students
- Manages the TutorUs tutoring service
- Helps to maintain a positive image of Need2Read within the community
- Responsible for overseeing Public Relations staff member(s)
- Approves press releases
- Manages the reputation of our organization
- Oversees the management of client records, demographics, and industry data
- Submits partnership leads and requests to assigned Executive Officers
- Utilizes social media, print media, and other platforms to spread the word about Need2Read
- Creates and distributes press releases after approval
- Gains an understanding and support for our clients
- Manages records of clients served
- Seeks grants
- Writes proposals for grants to benefit our various programming, operation, and expenses
- Creates monthly newsletter for volunteers and partners
- Distributes newsletter via email
- Submits newsletter to Director of Social media for online distribution
- Helps to create weekly lesson plans for our 45 min to 1-hour literacy sessions
- Helps to create Need2Read activities guide
- Develops ideas for new programs and services
- Works directly with the Community Service Coordinator, President and Vice-President
- Helps to organize and spearhead fundraising events
- Assists with the administrative needs of Project7
- Helps to manage short-term projects related to the operation of specific programs and services
- Responsible for maintaining the organization's website including updates, content, and design
- Responsible for picking up book donations from drop off locations and transporting to storage facility
- Responsible for assisting in loading and unloading of supplies during big events such as Community Literacy Day, MLK Day activities, Book Champion drives, book sales, and fundraisers
Ready to sign-up or want more information? Please complete the form below and we will be in contact!
- Overseeing our weekly literacy program known as Need2Read.
- Facilitating weekly literacy activities between youth groups.
- Instructing literacy volunteers and interns on how to assist in facilitating activities, getting to know the children, and general rules.
- Signing any forms for community service/volunteering for the interns and community service students.